Week #3 started strong, but then we decided at the last minute to go away with hubs for his work trip and that kind of threw my training for the week. Despite that, I still managed to get 5 runs in. I need to start getting some cross training in on my off days. I've been so focused on getting my runs in lately that I've let it slip and I feel much weaker. My goal next week is to squeeze one cross training session in.
Here is a summary of week #3:
Monday - I jumped on the treadmill for a 4 mile tempo run during Noah's nap time. I expected him to wake up around the 3 mile mark, but he didn't, so I kept running. Avg pace 8:34. It was a good run...for a treadmill run!
Tuesday - Knowing we were heading away on Wednesday, I knew I had to get my long run in on Tuesday. My sister wasn't able to come with me, so off I went on my own. I did 6 miles again this time, but went on a slightly different route than the week before. I finished slightly faster than the prior week, 55:29 and an average pace of 9:15. It was a sunny, warm day, but I left around 6pm so he had cooled off marginally. I took my water pack with me, and drank both bottles of water I took with me.
Thursday - I tried to take Noah down to the gym in the hotel to go for a run, but he was tired and cranky and I had to call it quits after only 18 minutes.
Friday - Hubs came home early from work that afternoon, so I took the opportunity to head out for a short run in our neighborhood. It was a terrible run, I was slow and lethargic. I hadn't drank enough water that day, and it was hot and humid.
Saturday - After Friday's horrible run, I felt I needed to redeem myself. So I jumped on the treadmill for a short, fast 2.5 miler. I felt pretty good and finished in just under 22 minutes.
No comments:
Post a Comment