Monday, 5 August 2013

1/2 Marathon Training - Week #2

Week of July 28-August 4th

Monday -
I started off the week with the same 4 mile route I did last week on Tuesday. I took the car to the mall and parked and picked up the trail from there. The weather was cool and overcast, perfect for running. I felt great, and decided early on I would try and run it at a solid pace. I ran an 8:30 average pace the first 2 miles. At the half way mark I met up with a couple running about 300 meters ahead of me. I had them in my sights the 2nd half of the run and wanted to try to catch them. I was feeling great and the last mile of my run I caught and passed them both. I knew it was too good to be true, and the final 0.25 miles I got a nasty blister when my sock fell below my sneaker. I was determined to finish strong regardless, and hobbled my way to the car. I finished 2 minutes faster than the same run last week...whew!


Tuesday - My GPS AND Ipod decided to die on me at the same time during this short run. I am pissed! I guestimate a route of approx. 2.5 miles and then come home and take the car out to measure the route. I wasn't too far off, 2.43 miles!!

Wednesday - Rest day

Thursday - Long run day with my sister. We have 6 miles scheduled and of course, it is hot and humid out! We decide to wait and go at 7:30 pm after Noah goes down for the night. It is much cooler, and we don't struggle half as bad as we did the prior week. We finish 6 miles in 56 minutes (9:25 average pace) and feel pretty darn good about it!




Friday - I run a quick 2.5 miles on the treadmill while Noah naps, at an 8:34 pace. Treadmill running is not my favorite thing in the world, but sometimes it is the most convenient. Luckily we keep it in the nice, cool basement so it doesn't get too warm!


Saturday - I decided around noon time to venture out for another quick run. It was sunny but there was a bit of a breeze (or so I thought). Once I got going, I immediately regretted not getting up early and going. It was so hot!!


No comments:

Post a Comment