Friday, 10 April 2015

Day In the Life : Spring 2015

I haven't done a day in the life post since Noah was a baby. I thought it might be fun to look back and see what life was like with a toddler and a baby.

These events took place on Thursday, April 8th. Theo is 9.5 months, Noah is 2.5 years old. Theo has a cold and eye infection and Noah has a runny nose. Our sitter is on vacation so both kids are home with me all week.

          **********************************************************************

4am - 2nd feed of the night for theo. Slightly unusual but he's sick so I don't mind. I wipe his pus filled eyes, slap Vaseline on his chapped cheeks while feeding him and back to his crib he goes. 

6:25am - Noah's awake...chatting in his crib.

6:31am- theo's awake now too, they're always up within minutes of each other lately. I nudge hubs and tell him both kids are up and he best get up and tend to them. He gives me a few grunts before getting up and throwing on his clothes leaving me in silence for a few more minutes.

6:57am - I grudgingly get myself out of bed to go help in the kitchen so hubs can go get ready for work. I went to bed at 8:30 last night I shouldn't be dragging my heels this morning, but the baby was up twice last night and I find those nights hard.
As soon as the boys see me they both immediately want me to pick them up and both start crying when I physically can't pick them up at the same time. Wipe snots and tears, hand the toddler over to hubs while I take the baby for a quick feed.

7:05am - brew a coffee, Ahhhh coffee. put both kids in high chairs, make toast and blueberries. Inhale some toast and peanut butter myself and drink coffee. Give theo his morning dose of amoxicillin for his eye infection. He takes most of it without protest.

While hubs is still around I also run downstairs and change the laundry (I find it hard to get down to do this when both kids are home). Bring my summer clothes that were in the dryer upstairs and fold them in the living room while the kiddos eat and I drink my coffee.






8:00am - breakfast done, I start to cleanup. We all give kisses to hubs and send him on his way. I wipe the boys noses for what feels like the hundredth time today.
 

8:30am - set Noah up with iPad on the couch with his puppy's and blanket and take theo in for his nap. 



8:45am- nurse baby and put him down for his nap. Noah and I cuddle on the couch and enjoy some one-on-one time.



9:45am - Theo is up and we all get ready for the day. On my own this morning so no shower for me today. face washed, hair in top knot, throw on tights and a shirt. The baby ate cat foot while I was getting ready...I can't keep forgetting that he is crawling now! 



10:15am - get the kids and myself ready to head out to the Music Man and were out the door, stop for coffee and timbits on the way. I'm sweating before I even exit the house...




10:45-11:45am- Surprise our friends Emma and Dex are here too! Kids jam to the music man and we stay after for the open gym and let th kids run out their crazies.



12:00 - home for lunch, Theo has leftover spaghetti and Noah's having grilled cheese and apple sauce. Theo screams his face off the wholetime to let me know he is tired and ready for a nap. I encourage him to eat, give him his medicine for his eye infection and whip out the iPad for Noah while I clean theo up and take him to bed.




12:30pm - nurse baby, put him down for his nap, come out clean up from lunch as Noah finishes eating, change his bum and tuck him in to bed.

1:00pm- both boys are down and I now sit down to finish eating my lunch. I contemplate another coffee while I make a phone call. Time is precious,
I know I maybe have an hour to myself, maybe a bit more before someone wakes. I watch Nashville, and decide to try and have a cat nap while it's quiet.


1:45pm - Theo wakes screaming, I know he is still tired so I rock him back to sleep...then I crawl back into bed.

3:15pm - both boys wake up between minute of each other. I get Theo first and nurse him quickly and wash his pussy eyes and snot filled face and change his bum. We then go get Noah, quick diaper change and out we to to play with fire trucks and prep for supper.


Tonight is haddock, sweet potato fries and green beans. I defrost the fish in the sink and dice up the sweet potato so hubs just has to toss them in the oven. 

4:00pm - hubs walks in the door as I rush out for a board meeting I have a 4:15. Normally he isn't home until 5. The boys are happy to see him, as I give him a few quick instructions including that Theo has a dirty bum...



6:20pm - I walk in the door from my meeting to a surprisingly clean kitchen and both boys in the bath. As I walk in the bathroom Noah decides to have a big fat poop in the tub for the first time ever. SO GROSS. Tim frantically tosses the baby out of the tub and takes him to get ready for bed as I stay and deal with the toddler poop scenario. I wipe Noah's butt and decide to leave the poop for now and get
Noah ready for bed and will return to the crime scene later. Get Noah ready for bed, jams on, hair brushed and remind him that we poop in the diaper or the toilet, not the tub. He laughs and says it's funny.  Oh my word!

6:40pm - baby is cranky and ready for bed. Hubs decides to tackle the tub, so I set Noah up with some books on the couch and settle in for my favorite time of the day with theo. I put him in his sleep sack and put Vaseline on his cheeks, he doses off after about ten mins of nursing.



7:05pm- exit baby's room he's sleeping soundly and hope that he has a good night sleep despite this cold he has. The boys are cuddling, I sweep the floor and load the dishwasher and snuggle in with my boys for a few mins before Noah goes to bed.






7:25pm- Hubs takes Noah to bed. He cries for me to put him to bed, like he does most nights, but today I don't oblige him and get hubs to cart him off for a rock. 

7:45pm - Hubs returns from getting Noah down, we throw on our new favourite show Froiday Night Lights before he leaves for hockey at 8:30.

8:30pm - I change the laundry, get my jam's on, wash my face and brush my teeth, and crawl into bed to catch up on my shows. I decide to crash at 9:20, do one final check on the babes, and promptly pass out. 


10:25pm - I wake up to someone yelling, it's not the baby but the toddler. He hasnt woken up at night in months, what is going on...he refuses to go back to sleep and seems wide awake. I make three separate trips back to his room and he finally nods off sometime after 11. 

12:45am - this time it's the baby. I notice hubs came to bed sometime in the past hour or so and think he's going to be tired when I kick him to get up with the kids in the morning. 
I change theo's bum, clean his face from the boogers and feed him. I stumble back to bed around 1:10.

4:00am - Theo is up again, gah!! I feed him quickly and put him back in his crib. 

6:20am - both kids are up for the day. Hubs get the kick and I think to myself what an AWFUL nights sleep.  I am used to being tired and yet I'm so very tired of being tired all the time. I guess I'll sleep someday right?!





No comments:

Post a Comment