Well we've successfully (or semi-successfully...depends on what day you ask us!) navigated through 8 months of having two kids under two. I feel like we entered this stage completely unprepared for what was awaiting us, and with limited "things" to get us through the phase of our life. We've picked up a few things along the way, in addition to some items we owned before. This small list of items are our 'must-haves':
1. A Double Stroller - We debated and debated about this purchase, for the sole reason that we were unsure how frequently we would use it without knowing if Noah would enjoy/tolerate it. I must say though, I am so glad we made this purchase. We went for the double bumbleride (being owners of the single) and we LOVE it. I already feel as if we got our money's worth out of it, and if we don't use it at all this summer I won't feel like I got jipped. We're on the go A LOT, we love walking as a family and playing at the park (operation tire out the toddler before nap time), and the best part, Noah has been loving it! He's always requesting to go for a walk. Double strollers don't have to be scary and intimidating, I love this one!
2. A Video Monitor - Whoever invented these things is pure genius. We still need to have eyes on Noah's room as he occasionally wakes over night, and Theo has been in his own room from 5 weeks onward so obviously we need to be able to check on him as well. I am so thankful we registered for the Motorola video monitor when Noah was a baby. It enabled us to purchase a second camera and the parent unit alternates between the two bedrooms all night long (10 seconds in each room).
3. Carrier - I purchased the Ergo when Noah was 8 months old, and I've been using it a lot with Theo for groceries (when we go as a family), at Noah's swimming lessons, walks, sat our weekly market date, and when playing outside with Noah. Its easy to use, comfortable, and puts Theo right to sleep. It's great to be able to be hands free to deal with the toddler tornado.
4. Homedics Portable Sound Machine - We had a sleep sheep for Noah when he was a baby, and although it was handy to take in the car and other places we were going, it shuts off after only 45 mins. Having 2 kids, we knew we needed something that played continuously in Theo's room to drown out all the noise that Noah makes. I bought this and it is amazing. It has 6 sounds, all of which are really nice, it plugs in, and its small so I can take it when we travel. Love love love it, and for $29 you can't beat the price.
5. NoseFrida - Seriously, throw away the bulb they give you in the hospital and just buy one of these. You'll thank me later.
6. Braun Digital Ear Thermometer - My biggest regret is that we didn't have this when Noah was a baby. Theo has had cold after cold all winter long, and has had fevers off and on for months. When we was only a few weeks old we bought this thermometer off amazon and it is one of the best purchases we've made to date for the kids.






Great Recs! I'm having baby #2 in July so I'm on the hunt for things that will help!
ReplyDelete