Friday, 28 November 2014

Theo: 4&5 Months

Totally slacking here with the second child updates. Please forgive me sweet child of mine. I'll do my best to recap the past two months. It involves a lot of eating and not so much sleeping...but lots of laughs and smiles. I think the time goes even faster with the second child. I blink and another week has passed. 


As of November 25th: 
Weight: 23 lbs 
Length: 27 inches 
Clothes: size 12 months and size 3 diapers 

Eating: around 4 months you started lengthening the time between feedings...at least during the day. You basically eat 4 times in the daytime at 8am/12/4 and bedtime 630/7. Your still fast and efficient...taking 15 mins per feed. 

Overnight you are atill eating anywhere from 2-3 times...more on this to come.

We started solids officially the week you turned 5 months. Just cereal once/day. It's safe to say you hate it. You turn your face, close your lips and sometimes even cry. Nothing like our brother who basically begged for more...

Sleep: what I wouldn't do for a full nights sleep. At this point it's gotten so bad i think we are at the point of no return. We have gotten you to sleep until 7am which is much improved over your 5/530 wake-ups around 4 months. However, you no longer give me any kind of break by sleeping for a long stretch when you first go down. Now, sometimes you wake after only being down an hour. Sometimes it's 2-3 hours. From there on out, you wake routinely every 2 hours until 3/4am. At that point I normally refuse to feed you to sleep again and toss you in the swing...where you finish off the night until 6/7am.

To he honest, I'm not sure how I am surviving on what little sleep I am getting. It's so fragmented and foggy, I feel as if I am just getting back to sleep and you wake again. We're talking about sleep training in the near future, because with your age and weight there really shouldn't be any reason for these wake ups.

Naps are pretty routine now. Normally 3/day at 8:30 and 11:30 and a cat nap around 3 or 4pm...normally on the way to get brother at daycare. 

Likes: sitting in your high chair at meal times with the family. 
Bath time!
Watching your brother.

Dislikes: you still refuse a bottle, and a soother. Why use a soother when you have me! (Sense a little bit of resentment...). 

Milestones:
*the week you turned 5 months you started rolling from your back to belly. 
*You started using the jumperoo just shy of 4 months and you love to bounce when you are happy and not overtired.
*Transitioned you out of the swaddle just shy of 4 months. You now sleep in the zipadeezip or a sleep sack. 
*You've put yourself to sleep a few times watching the aquarium.
*started solid foods




No comments:

Post a Comment